Friday, July 01, 2011

Blogging

Mad world, looks like I've finally joined the blogosphere.

I used to be horribly opposed to the idea of blogging. I also used to be horribly opposed to Twitter. But now I'm using both. Things change I guess. The thing that really acted as a catalyst for me changing my mind about social networking was really just noticing the potential these kinds of sites have for spreading the word about God's Kingdom. So many people are out there just writing about themselves- what they did that day, who their favorite celebrities are, their problems with their significant others- and that's totally okay, because who doesn't like to talk about themselves from time to time! But I'd like to think that it's also possible to write about Someone a little bit more important as well. So I tweet (and now blog!) about Kingdom life, the Gospel, everything amazing that's going on in my life because of my relationship with the Lord and the eternal blessings (and struggles) that come with it!

Of course, I also just write about myself sometimes, because I often feel more capable of being clever about things that don't really matter that much. So hopefully I can strike up a balance between useful insights and fun content and just plain silly day-to-day thoughts.

So, join me as I continue to step out of my comfort zone and into the world of social networking! I might eventually say something that you'll find useful, or at least amusing.

God bless,

Tom Zalatnai, reluctant social networker.

No comments:

Post a Comment